Category Archives: Issues and Bugfixes

Issues and bugfixes for the Basternae/ModernMUD code.

More Stability Improvements

I fixed a few more glitches, and the MUD seems to be a lot more stable. Bang on it, see if you can break it! First one to crash the MUD gets a cookie.

Minor Data Fixes

I finally got around to taking care of two things that have been bugging me for a bit. 1. Every boot the MUD would reset the time/day/year to the first day of the first month of the first year (time zero).  Now time continues across reboots.  No more Groundhog Day. 2. The current, maximum, and […]

Help Entries Improved

When the help file entries were translated from a text file to our fancy help entry format, the line spacing in each entry was converted from single to double.  It was just a quirk of XML serialization, but it made for long, spammy entries when helps were displayed.  I had gone through and cleaned up […]

Some Text Fixes

I made a couple minor text fixes, the most noticeable of which was a map rendering glitch that would cause mobs to show up as P’s and the map to be strangely distorted in the client. I also released a minor update to the client (now version 0.18), with a map fix and a couple […]

Working on Psionicist Abilities

I spent a good part of the past week traveling from the midwest to the west coast and back (5 flights total). During airport layovers I took a look at some of Tiu’s psi reports. Since I hadn’t touched psionicist spells/abilities yet it was no surprise that most of them were pretty borked. I made […]

Another Crash Fix

Fixed a problem with object updates that would sometimes cause crashes when an object disintegrates.

Crash Fixes

* Fixed crash with monk class mobs and barehanded damage skill checks. * Fixed crash with mob tracking. Track mobs probably don’t work yet, but at least we won’t have crashes because of it. * Fix for spell learning when players advance levels. This may or may not have caused crashes (was a little unclear […]

Some Fixes

Made a couple fixes for things mentioned by Tiu: * Enslaver races added to creation screens. * Printing move point values twice when they’re low has been fixed. * Will and sing command processing has been fixed. There’s still a shortage of connected zones with teacher mobs and a bunch of other things still unfixed…

More Fixes

* Fixed a crash bug with automatically combining piles of coins when a corpse containing them decays or when someone drops them. * Item auto-pricing has been enabled. * Fixed a bug that would cause forage to always fail. * Changed messages for a few commands. * Coins were not saving in player files. This […]

Tossing A Few Bugs In The Fire

I spent a while doing various fixes.  Here’s what it added up to: * The dice command has been fixed. * The visible command has been implemented. * Drag corpse has been fixed. * Fixed an issue where mobs would sometimes fail to ride mounts they’re supposed to be on according to the zone file. […]

A Pile of Bug Fixes — And Help Needed

I came up with a pretty good pile of fixes over the past day or two. Here’s the list: * Fixed a crash bug in checking fall chance for mobs. * Fixed a crash bug with creatures that leave no corpse (undead, elementals). * Fixed a crash bug with decaying/disintegrating containers. * Fixed an intermittent […]

Version 0.15 Client Update

I’ve spent some time on the client. Here are the changes for version 0.15: * Fixed a bug with alias saving and loading. * Added hotkey saving and loading to alias save/load. * Improved room/map window, adding zone name, exits, and better word wrap for room description. It doesn’t show color yet, though. * Added […]

Changes to Affect Modifiers

Handling a skill or spell with multiple modifiers in code has always been a bit of a nuisance.  I changed that around a bit so that they work they way I want them to. So, here’s what adding three effects looked like in code beforehand: Affect af = new Affect( Affect.AffectType.spell, spell.Name, 12 + level […]

Affect Removal Is Fixed

Looks like I sorted out that nasty little affect removal bug, so onto the next… With this and the previous fix, now would be a great time to sign on and start testing the heck out of things.  After all, you don’t want me to run out of work to do, do you?  😛

A Bunch of Little Fixes

I had a chance to tinker with the code today. I made a bunch of relatively minor fixes (code-wise). Here’s the list: – Fixed game menu consistency so same one appears every time. – Some minor text changes and/or typo fixes. – Made the help editor a little easier to use and added a ‘delete […]

Immortal ‘Set’ Commands Repaired

One of the casualties of the codebase rewrite was the disabling of the immortal ‘set’ command, which is pretty useful for administrative tinkering. It’s been repaired, so immortals are godlike once more. It doesn’t improve gameplay any, but it does help development.

Repairs For The Tell Command

The tell command was rather broken. I fixed the broken parts that I knew about, so if there are any broken parts left in it, they’re ones I don’t know about.

Who Command Repaired

Some uses of the “who” command would lock up the MUD.  This appears to be fixed now.  Report any anomalies.

Scan Command Fixed

One of the nagging problems I had been meaning to get to was the non-functional scan command. It’s a recursive command, and the C# way is a bit different from the C++ way. It was easier to fix than I had expected and is working now, so scan away.