John Baker has delivered a new set of artwork for the client and I’ve spent some time working on integrating it into the code.
What I’ve discovered is that the client code is rather brittle and prone to explode. It will need some significant work before a new version is ready to release. Testing with valgrind has helped a bit, but it still requires some heavy lifting to get right.
I started working on the client 6 years ago, long before I knew C++ very well (I’ve known C a lot longer, but it took a while to get the hang of C++ and the OO world). The client was originally written to use the Simple DirectMedia Layer (SDL) and has had some bizarre things done to it over the years.
So — there are significant changes coming with it, but no idea when they’re coming.