Category: Advertising and Marketing

RevenueHits Turned Out To Be Entirely Worthless

I’ve been running RevenueHits on one of my websites for about the last 5 months in a rotation with other ad networks. The site doesn’t get a huge amount of traffic, and it’s global, so I don’t expect massive returns. But I didn’t expect zero. Here are my stats for May 2021. And here are

Galaksion Didn’t Work For Me

I’ve removed Galaksion from the add networks being used on my site. It’s a shame that I had to, because I had a generally good feeling about them. I liked their website, their publisher dashboard, and how easy it was to sign up and set up my site to use them. Their ad fill rate

Adsterra Didn’t Work For Me

I noticed that pages on my site would hang for a WHILE, so I did some investigation. It turns out that the Adsterra JavaScript code was loading https://www.gatetodisplaycontent.com/7cb8fde86d9eb121ba106553cdc48d1a/invoke.js which would take more than a minute to finish (1.1 minutes according to the browser’s developer tools). It was a blocking call, so my site would not

Adsaro Didn’t Work For Me

I’m not sure that Adsaro even works. In the past few days I’ve had zero impressions. Maybe I set up their JavaScript block wrong, but the fact that pages on their site take an eternity to load makes me think it’s them, not me. Adsterra, Bidvertiser, Galaksion, and RevenueHits are still in the running.

Media.net Didn’t Work For Me

I received a message that my site was disapproved today, so they’re the first ones to fail out of my newest ad network comparison experiment. Looking closer at their policies I see this (bold added by me): “Our program has been designed for sites with premium content. Sites that promote, contain, or link directly to

New Site Advertising Experiment

I’m trying another round of ad network experiments. These are the 6 companies I’m trying out: Asdaro Adsterra Bidvertiser Galaksion Media.net RevenueHits I might also add Adcash to the mix if I can get their site verification to work – I signed up but was unable to verify my site because their system was unable

Chitika Didn’t Work For Me. Luckily They Died.

Chitika was one of the remaining few advertisers in my WbSrch advertising experiment. A few days ago I received an email saying that they were shutting down, effective immediately. Since they had a fill rate that never got higher than about 10-15%, that’s hardly a problem. I was going to remove them from my site

RevenueHits Didn’t Work For me

I’ve had to cut short another one of the alternative advertiser experiments that I’ve been running on WbSrch. This time it’s RevenueHits. This one isn’t causing malware warnings, but it made my site unusable if I had ad blocking turned off. There were popup windows, auto-navigation, and tabs opening without my permission. None of this

Yllix Didn’t Work For Me

I’ve been experimenting with advertising providers on WbSrch to find one (or more) that works well. Among the half dozen or so I was testing is Yllix. Unfortunately, they’re causing my site to get malware warnings from Chrome. I’m sure Google is especially vigilant with flagging a competing ad service as malicious, so I’m dropping

An Experiment with Project Wonderful

This was originally posted on wbsrch.com. It is reproduced here to preserve history. I’m always looking for new and efficient ways to let people know about WbSrch. That’s why I decided to try advertising with Project Wonderful. Project Wonderful was built as a banner ad network for web comics. That doesn’t mean you can only

AdSense Alternatives for Startups and Small Websites

This was originally posted on wbsrch.com. It is reproduced here to preserve history. In starting WbSrch, a search competitor to Google, I knew that at some point Google would find a way to “invite us to leave” AdSense. The Terms of Service make it clear that it is incompatible with a search engine (can’t have ads on