Last time I ran FxCop two and a half months ago I had 10,850 issues from 778,249 checks for a ratio of 13.94 issues per 1000 checks. That was just on the core MUD engine without the utilities included (screen editor, zone editor, etc.)
Today I ran FxCop against the entire codebase. The ratio has improved thanks to the code changes over the past couple months. It’s still not great, and it still whines too much about the way constant variables and flags are named. It’s now 10568 issues from 920,226 checks for a ratio of 11.48 issues per 1000 checks.
Not much of an issue decrease in total, but the overall issue “density” has improved by 17.65%.