I’ve almost always used both Windows and Linux, but I stopped using Windows a few months ago. One of the things that only runs on a Windows machine is Visual Studio. The Basternae code was compiled on a Windows machine and then uploaded to the Linux host.
Without access to that, it was time to try using MonoDevelop.
It was able to load the Visual Studio solution, with some exceptions: The client WPF project didn’t load, nor did the abandoned Silverlight project. I could probably install more packages to make WPF work, I’m not sure yet.
I noticed that the compiler works differently for some things, like terminal characters. The ECHO_ON and ECHO_OFF sequences broke logging in, but some weird prompt formatting that’s been around for a while just fixed itself. It will be interesting to see what other diffferences turn up. Even though C# is supposed to work the same on all platforms, I suspect that it might work better when both the build and run machines have the same operating system.