I started using the editor to build a hometown for the Grey Elves. This will be the first zone I’ve tried to build from scratch using the new editor. This update is mainly map view improvements and a few important fixes to mob editing.
* Rooms on map view now show terrain type as a highlight color.
* Added multi-level zone rendering to map view. It mostly works but may have a few kinks to work out. Discontinuous zones still look terrible, but not as bad as they did.
* When closing a zone, the map view clears itself now.
* Map view now updates as exits are changed in room edit screens.
* Map view window now expands and editor controls reposition themselves when dialog is resized.
* When the “edit room” command is used in walkthrough mode without a room number it brings up the current room in the edit window.
* Added ability to “createedit room <direction>” in walkthrough mode. It automatically links the exits of the current and new rooms.
* Added keywords to mob edit screen. Pretty dumb to have left that one off in the first place.
* Some extended mage classes (chronomancer, enchanter, and necromancer) showed up in the class list as sorcerer. That’s been fixed.
Here’s a screenshot of the new map view for the Thri-Kreen hometown: